If an agreement exists: Contact the owner of the relationship between Hilton and the third party to confirm that we have permission to use the company’s intellectual property.
If no existing agreement exists: Seek permission from the third party before using trademarks. In many cases, they will simply wish to review and approve a screenshot of the proposed visual before it’s published. If you attempt to gain written permission to use a third party’s trademark please contact the Legal department so that Hilton can try to obtain as broad usage rights as possible (in perpetuity, in all media, etc.).
- Don’t use any photographs, or images, names or likenesses without permission.
- Don’t imply that the third party is in any way affiliated with Hilton in order to capitalize on the organization’s goodwill.
- Never make false or inaccurate statements. For example, don’t claim that a hotel room has a Jacuzzi when actually it’s just a whirlpool bath.
- Always use third-party trademarks in accordance with the third party’s instructions (e.g., proper usage of the ™ or ® symbol).
- Be sure to use third-party trademarks in accordance with the third party’s instructions (i.e., proper usage of the ™ or ® symbol).
- If you do not have written permission from the third party owner of a trademark to use their trademark in our advertising, substitute the trademark for the generic term. For example, substitute “whirlpool” for “Jacuzzi®,” which is a registered trademark of a third party.
- You may not use any names, likenesses, or other aspects of the persona of any persons, whether living or dead, without the person or estate’s written permission.
- Third party trademarks may be used in descriptions as a geographic locator without obtaining permission. (e.g., The hotel is located near Universal Citywalk).
- To type the registered trademark symbol (®) on a Mac, type option-r. The Windows shortcode is Alt-0174. But it’s probably easier to copy from a web search.
Use these brand names exactly as they appear below:
- The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf®